CREATING CHANGE IN SCHOOLS
What Are Some Common Initiatives by Parents at School?
When you take the Eco-School Leadership Training, you choose a change you would like to pursue in your child’s school. Some of the most common school initiatives are listed below.
- Oregon Green School certification
- Schoolyard garden
- Earth Day activities
- Durable forks in cafeteria
- Party packs for each classroom
- Student nature club or green team
- Food waste collection and/or composting
- Milk carton recycling
- Anti-idling campaign
- Walk-and-bike-to-school campaigns
- Book or costume exchange
- Waste-free lunch days
- Recycling drives